Find answers to your questions. If you do not find your question here, please contact us.
Buying and Downloading Clip Art - Questions
- What is a Kit/Pack?
- What is a Template?
- What type of kits are available for purchase?
- Where are my purchased clip art?
- What type of kit did I purchase?
- How do I download my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
- Can I download my clip art again? Will it cost anything?
- Do I need a specific version of The Print Shop to use clip art from this website?
- How do I use the General file download with MMS or other software?
Answers - Buying and Downloading Clip Art
Q - What is a Kit/Pack?
A - A Kit is a themed collection of graphic elements that can be used to create a scrapbook page, calendar, etc. All kits have product information when when viewing the kit in the store. (on the right side of the page under product info, this will give you more information about the kit type itself). All graphics included in kits are high-resolution JPG or PNG files optimized for download . These design elements (can also be used with other software design programs with general download (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
Q - What is a Template?A- A Template is a professionally designed page layout. Templates are not available for use in the Print Shop download. In the zip download you will receive all of the clip art used to create the shown layouts, but you will not receive the finished layouts in your downlaod.
Q - What type of kits are available for purchase?
A - A - Kits come in several configurations including:
- Album Template: The General download contains all of the kit images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the download.
- Bundle Pack: A combination of multiple combo packs. This will be a larger file size than a combo pack.
- Combo Pack: These include a themed combination of background papers and embellishments to create your own layout.
- Craftable: This is a craft based template or quick page for print at home cut outs.
- Embellishment Pack: These kits include a series of themed clip art.
- Layout Template: These files do not contain any backgrounds and embellishments and will not work from this site.
- Mini Pack: Less content at a lower price point than a combo pack used for add-on this will have both background & embellishment files.
- Monogram and Alphabet Pack: These kits include themed graphics that are in part or a combination of alphabets, numbers or symbols. Monograms must be imported and positioned like any graphic embellishment and are not a font.
- Paper Pack: These kits include a themed collection of background papers.
- Photobook Template: The General download contains all of the kit images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the download.
- Quick Page Pack: These are pre designed pages flattened into a png file format with windows for the pictures to show through. (Quick Pages are not templates- they are an embellishment.
- Word Art Pack: These kits include themed graphics that are in part or a combination of alphabets, numbers or symbols. Word Art must be imported and positioned like any graphic embellishment and are not a font.
Q - Where are my purchased clip art?
A - You can find the download files in My Downloads section of your online account.
Q - What type of kit did I purchase?
A - Access your Downloads page, click on your kit title/product name. It will load the kit and product information in the store page. Under the product information on the right you can read what type of kit you purchased.
Q - How do I download my purchased digital scrapbooking kits?
A - After you purchase content from the http://www.printshoppacks.com/ site, click on the Access Your Downloads link or the my downloads link at the top of the site page.
1. All files are general downloads and can be used in any program that accepts .jpeg and .png files
2. During the download process, please ensure that your computer remains on and active. (not in hibernation mode, and stays connected to the web)
3. After it has downloaded, it will be located in your "Downloads Folder" on your computer. (Unless you chose to save it in another location.)
4. The General download is a .zip file. (Windows users: Will need to Right-Click and choose extract all with the general download.) (Mac users: Double-click on the download to open the .zip folder)
(Please Note: that Album & Photobook pre-built templates will not work. The General download will still contain all of the kits images to re-create the template but the pre-built pages are not available in the general download.)
5. To use the extracted content in PrintShop, open up or create a new project in PrintShop.
6. Click on the add photo icon on the left under the control panel. It will bring up a new window for your images. Click the import button. (at the top)
7. You will then navigate to your extracted image file folder and go into it.
8. Select the image you wish to import and click Open.
9. It will then place it in your photos panel, from the Actions drop down select add to project.
10. It will then place the image on your canvas to edit.
5. With the project open, select Insert at the top.
6. Select From File.
7. You can then browse to the location that you extracted the PrintShop content to and import the content.
Q - Can I download my clip art again? Will it cost anything?
A - If you ever need to download your purchased clip art again, you can do so.You can find the download files in My Downloads section of your account. Click on the file that corresponds to your software and computer type in the Downloads column. There are no additional charges for downloading items after they have been purchased and added to your online account.
Q - Do I need a specific version of The Print Shop to use clip art from this website?
A - No. Clip art is provided as a zip file. Unzip the download file, and import the clip art into your project from the location you chose during the unzipping process.
Q - How do I use the General file download with MMS or other software?
A - The General download is a .zip file for those who want to use the kits in other software programs like photoshop or organize the add-on kits themselves. Simply click on the general download link to begin downloading. Once it has downloaded to your computer you will need to extract the folder to use the images. (Windows users: Will need to Right-Click and choose extract all, select a save location preferably the Desktop) (Mac users: Double-click on the download to open the .zip folder). Once opened you can use the images inside the kit folder just like any other image file.